UK Work Permit

To work in the UK you will need to hold a passport and a current UK work visa or permit. You will need to have this documentation prior to entering the UK for work. There are different types of UK work visas and work permits that will enable and applicant to legally work in the UK; each of them have their own set of eligibility requirements and restrictions.

Type of UK work visa

The following section describes the immigration categories available to foreign nationals who want to work in the UK.

Tier 1 (general) - Highly Skilled Workers
Tier 2 (general) - Sponsorship by a UK employer
Tier 3: Limited numbers of low skilled workers needed to fill temporary labor shortages
Tier 5: Youth Mobility
UK Ancestry Visa
British or EU Member country passport
UK Spouse visa

Our Expertise’s

Tier 1 (general) — Highly Skilled Workers (Temporary closed)

Validity: 3 years, with the ability to extend your stay as a highly skilled worker towards the end of this period and eventually qualify for Indefinite Leave to Remain.

Eligibility: Tier 1 (General) — Highly Skilled Worker is designed to allow highly skilled people to come to the United Kingdom for work or self-employment opportunities.

To be eligible for this visa, you must pass a points-based assessment. You are awarded points based on your qualifications, previous earnings, United Kingdom experience, age, English language, and available funds. You must score:

75 points (based on your age, qualifications, previous earnings, and experience in the United Kingdom)
10 points for your English language skills
10 points for available funds (if applying from outside the UK you must have savings of at least £2,400 and if you are applying from within the UK you must have at least £800).

Your application must be supported by the relevant original documentation and evidence to justify the points you are claiming.

Tier 2 (general) - Sponsorship by a UK employer

Validity: Valid for as long as you are employed by your sponsor.

Eligibility: You must have a job offer from a UK employer that is registered as a licensed sponsor. Your sponsor will need to assign a ‘certificate of sponsorship’ before you can apply for UK entry under Tier 2. A certificate of sponsorship is a virtual document that contains information about the job you are being sponsored for and your personal details.

To qualify for a Tier 2 visa, you must score enough points based on your qualifications, prospective earnings, English language skills and maintenance.

Unless your job is on the UK shortage skills occupation list, your employer will have to conduct a ‘resident labor market’ test before issuing your certificate of sponsorship. This means that you can only work in the UK under a Tier 2 visa if your employer has prove that there is no UK or EU worker that can fill the job.

Send your detailed resume to find out if you qualify


Copyrights©ARGC, 2013.


Designed by Webz Solutions®